Allergies To Bee Stings



It is not uncommon for people to be allergic to bee stings. However, some people do not even realize that they have a problem. They may not know that they are affected in any way when a bee stings them. It is important for a person to know if they are allergic to bee stings and if they are, they have to know what to do to keep them safe if it were to happen.

Most insect sting reactions are not allergic and will only result in local pain, itching, redness and swelling. Some times a person will have, more swelling than others will and this is going to depend on the person, the type of bee that stung, and the location of the bee sting. Getting treatment from home or hospital is the only thing that is needed for this type of reaction. There are a few things that you can do to help with the pain and the swelling.

You should first disinfect the area, keep it clean, and use ice if needed. If the swelling would continue, a person may need to have some steroids to help reduce it. The site may become infected and antibiotics may have to be issued by a doctor. There are large local non-allergic reactions that can last for a few days or even more. This is usually no cause for concern and should be treated as mentioned above or with some other form of treatment.

With some bee stings a person can have an allergic reaction. The allergic reaction to an insect sting will vary from person to person. The most serious problem could be anaphylaxis and it can be fatal. There are severe reactions that can occur if the person has hives and intense itching or swelling of the tongue, dizziness and fainting are signs that an allergic reaction is happening. Usually these types of reactions will happen within minutes of the bee sting but some have been kept off for up to twenty-four hours. Getting fast treatment is very necessary when dealing with any type of bee allergic reaction.

Children should be watched for a bee sting. If you have a child that is complaining of itching or burning on the body, you should check for a bee sting mark. There are many ointments on the market today that will be able to counteract the problem of the bee sting. It is very important to make sure that the bee sting is taken care of so that the child is not affected in any way or starts to have an allergic reaction to it.

Bee stings are usually harmless but it is still a good idea to keep an eye on them and make sure that there is no chance of an allergic reaction.









Read More


Having The Right Allergy Doctor

... asthma. Controlling it is going to be very important and the key to feeling better. The primary care physician that a patient with allergies see may refer them to an allergists to test for more allergies and to get the asthma under better control. Once ... 


Signs And Symptoms

... nose will begin to swell and it will be hard for you to breathe through your nose, but it will also affect your mouth and throat in the same way. Your passages will begin to close and then you will find it hard to take a deep breath. You will find that ... 


Preventing Allergies

... for most people. It is always good to make sure that you are checking bedding and other parts of the house for any dander or hair that may cause the allergies to get worse. Sometimes people will take out the carpeting from a home and replace it with vinyl ... 


Latex Allergy

... it is latex free does really mean that it is. You should be careful and make sure that you are not going to have any type of reaction to the material before you use it. The best thing to do is if you think that you are having an allergic reaction, you ... 


How To Find Out About Allergies

... the right information on allergies. You will want to make sure that you are thinking about what you need to know so that you are better able to get a good idea of what you should be doing and what you should avoid in your life as well. There are great ...